HP Printer not responding
Make sure your printer is ready to print. If your HP printer is not responding, check for certain things before you go further for any service. Your printer should have Paper in the tray, enough ink or toner. The printer should show no error or blinking light.
Take care of certain things if your printer is not responding:
- Make sure the printer is not on sleep mode. Press the power button to turn on or wake the printer. Check the power supply of the printer.
- The USB of the printer is connected to the device. Check for all the other cables that connects to the printer.
- Check if the printer that you are using is shows connected on your device. To check that go to the CONTROL PANEL from the Start menu. Select Printers and check if your printer is connected or not.
- Then make sure that there is no error message or blinking light on the printer. Resolve the issue before you use the printer further.
- Restart the printer if the printer is not responding. Turn off the printer, wait for 30 seconds and turn it on again.
- Check if the ink or toner cartridge is installed. The ink or toner should be enough.
- Make sure that there is paper in the tray and it is placed in a proper manner. The width of the paper is set so that it does not gets stuck.
If you still your printer is not responding, you need to troubleshoot the printer. Follow these steps to troubleshoot your printer.
- Press the Windows key + I to go to Settings.
- In Settings, go to Updates and Security. Then you will see Troubleshoot option. Click on that and go to Additional Troubleshooters.
- After that, go to the Printer option and Run the Troubleshooter button.
You can call for printer support at HP -Helpdesk Support. For 24*7 support for your printer you can call +1 607 643 4166. For other printer problems you can visit HP Printer Support. You can also visit our website if you have any other queries.
If you face any problem with your HP computer or laptop you can reach out to us and we will get your problems solved.