There are few things more irritating than firestick remote not working when you’re watching TV. These issues, however, occur more frequently than you might think, and the Firestick TV remote is no exception. You’ve come to the right place if your firestick remote not working.
In this article, you’ll learn about the most common reasons why your firestick remote not working, as well as how to fix each problem separately. Whether it’s a problem with your battery, an update glitch, volume issues, or something else, you can usually fix it.
Firestick Remote Not Working at All
Remote controls for firestick remote not working for a variety of reasons. There’s no guarantee they’ll always work perfectly, whether you just bought one or have been using one for a while. Fortunately, most problems have simple solutions.
Some of the most common issues are listed below, along with instructions for resolving them.
1. Check the Batteries in Your Firestick Remote
Incorrectly inserted or low-power batteries can cause problems with Firestick remotes.
Here’s how to see if your Firestick remote problem is caused by batteries:
- The remote’s batteries should be removed.
- Analyze the manner in which they were installed. Make sure to install the batteries in the correct order by following the diagram inside the battery compartment.
- Replace the batteries with new ones. It’s best to start over with brand new ones. Try alkaline batteries if the rechargeable ones don’t work.
- If the firestick remote not working, the problem is most likely elsewhere.
2. Re-Pairing Your Firestick Remote to the TV
Unpaired remotes will not send a signal to the television. The problem is frequently solved by re-pairing (rather than repairing). This is how you do it.
- Switch on the Firestick.
- Fire up the Fire TV and turn it on.
- Keep the remote in close proximity to the Firestick.
- For “10 seconds,” hold the “Home” button on the remote.
- Release the button and test the remote for functionality.
- Rep the action a couple of times.
If pairing doesn’t work, your remote may need to be reset. Each model has its own set of reset commands. On Amazon, you can learn how to reset the amazon firestick remote not working.
3. Check Your Remote’s Distance from the Fire TV Stick
The remotes for the Firestick are Bluetooth-enabled. The theoretical range of these devices is approximately 30 feet, but the actual range is significantly less. Firestick remote not working if you have a large living room or if you try to use your remote from another room.
Move the remote closer to the Firestick to see if the distance is the issue, and make sure there are no obstacles in the way. Consider using the Firestick extension dongle to reposition the device if the remote only works when you’re very close to the TV.
4. Confirm Your Firestick Remote’s Compatibility
Is it possible that you have recently replaced your old Firestick remote with a new one? It is possible that the new addition will cause problems if it is not compatible with your television.
Until you can get a new remote that is compatible with your device, you can use your smartphone as a remote. You can download the Fire TV App for Android or the Fire TV App for iPhone. To use your smartphone as a remote, simply follow the steps outlined below.
- Download the app on your smartphone.
- Turn the TV on by pressing the “Power” button on the Fire TV Stick remote.
- Log into your Amazon Fire TV account on your smartphone app.
- Select your Fire TV device from the app.
- Copy the code that shows on the TV into the app.
5. Check Your Fire TV Remote for Damage
Try unplugging the Fire TV stick from the back of your device and waiting 20 seconds to see if the light on your Firestick remote illuminates. Check to see if the problem has been resolved by reconnecting the device.
If this doesn’t work, it’s possible that your Firestick remote isn’t properly paired with your TV. You can accomplish this by following the steps outlined below.
- Power up your Fire TV Stick using the remote.
- Get the remote close to the TV and press the “Back” and “Home” buttons for “10 seconds.” You have now unpaired the Firestick.
- Press the “Home” button for “10 seconds” to re-pair it.
- Repeat the process a few times if necessary.
If the steps above do not resolve your Fire TV Stick, Its means no light issue, make sure you are sitting close enough to the television. The Firestick remote is a Bluetooth device, which means it can only communicate with the device when it is within a certain distance of it.
Also, double-check that the batteries were correctly installed. It’s possible that they’ve run out of battery life or need to be replaced.
Firestick Remote Not Working With Volume
Numerous Fire TV Stick users have reported that their remotes have volume problems. There are a variety of reasons why this problem occurs. The most common solution to this problem is to pair your Firestick remote with your Firestick through the Equipment Control setting on your Firestick.
1. Manage the Equipment Control Options
You can use the “Change TV” option in the Equipment Control Settings on your Firestick to reconnect the remote to your specific TV, which may resolve the issue with the lack of volume control on your television.
- Turn on your TV via its remote or use the power button. Ensure you have the right input set to display the Firestick, then navigate to “Settings -> Equipment Control.”
- Go to “Manage equipment,” then choose “TV.”
- Navigate to “Change TV” and click on “Change TV” again.
- Press “Continue.”
- Select the type of TV you have from the list.
- Press the power button on your Fire TV remote to turn the TV off.
- Wait for 10 seconds and press the power button again to turn it back on.
2. Check the Batteries in Your Firestick
You might want to check your batteries if resetting the TV controls didn’t resolve your remote problem for you. Check to see that the batteries are properly inserted and that they are completely charged.
Because Firestick remotes communicate with your television via Bluetooth, the connection to your television may become erratic if the batteries are running low. When compared to other remotes, the Firestick and TV remotes consume significantly more power. When you use the remote a lot, the battery will deplete its power much more quickly than you would expect it to do.
You can try the following method to rule out the possibility of a problem with the batteries.
- Remove the batteries from the remote.
- Confirm proper battery installation. Reinstall them and make sure to follow the battery compartment instructions. Currently for all Fire TV Stick remotes, the batteries go in positive side up.
- If you use rechargeable batteries, try alkaline.
3. Re-Pair (Not Repair) Your Fire Stick Remote
Typically, Firestick or Fire TV devices are delivered with remotes that have already been paired. This, however, is not always the case in practice. Following the steps outlined below will allow you to re-pair the remote.
- Turn on your Firestick.
- Turn on your TV using its remote or its power button.
- Hold the remote near the Firestick.
- On the Fire TV remote, press and hold “Home” for “10 seconds.”
- Release the button and check if it works.
- If it doesn’t, repeat the action. It may take several times for the process to work.
Firestick Remote Not Working After Update
If your Firestick has stopped working after you updated it, try the five methods listed below to fix it. After trying the first one, if it doesn’t work, move on to the next one until the problem is resolved.
- For “10 seconds,” press and hold the “Home” button on the remote control. In the event that the remote becomes unpaired from the TV, this should restore the pairing.
- Remove your device from the wall outlet and try using the remote control again.
- Turn off the television and reset the remote control.
- Check to see that there are no obstacles between the remote and the television.
- Replace your batteries and double-check that they’re properly installed (positive side up).
If someone or something has damaged your remote control, it is possible that the new update will not work with it anymore. If none of the steps listed above is successful, you may want to consider replacing the remote.
Firestick Remote Not Working After Reset
Following a successful reset of your Forestick, the following methods can be used to troubleshoot the problem.
- Restart the Firestick television set-top box. Unplug the television from the wall outlet once you have been redirected to the pairing screen for the remote. By pressing the Home button on the remote for a total of 10 seconds, you can reconnect and pair it.
- Replace the batteries in your device. It’s possible that the batteries are running low and that replacing them will solve the problem. Just make certain that they are installed correctly. It’s also a good idea to purchase a brand-new set of batteries if you suspect that the old ones are damaged. Ensure that the battery compartment is free of dirt and debris as you replace the battery cells.
- Attempt to use a different remote. If resetting your Firestick TV and removing the batteries did not solve the problem, try connecting another remote to it. To obtain one, you can borrow one from a friend or purchase one on the internet. As an alternative, you can download the Fire TV app for your iPhone or Android device and use it as a remote control.
Fixing Your Firestick Remote
Inability to use one’s Firestick’s remote control is never a pleasant experience. Everyone knows that there is always a solution to any problem, and the remote is no exception. The most common solutions include resetting and re-pairing the remote control, as well as replacing the batteries in the remote control. You may, however, wish to contact Amazon’s customer service or have your remote replaced if none of the suggestions in this article are successful.
How do I fix an unresponsive fire stick remote?
Reset the Fire TV remote control
- Press and hold the Home button for a few seconds…
- Press and hold the Home button for a few seconds.
- To access the menu, press the Menu button nine times.
- Take the batteries out of your remote control.
- Unplug your Fire TV and wait 60 seconds before plugging it back in.
- Replace the batteries in your remote and then connect your Fire TV to the wall outlet.
- Once the Home screen appears, press and hold the Hom button for a few seconds.
How do I reset my Firestick remote?
- Press and hold the Home button. At the same time, press the Menu button three times.
- Release the Home button.
- Press the Menu button 9 times.
- Remove the batteries from your remote.
- Unplug your Fire TV and wait 60 seconds.
- Put the batteries back in your remote, and then plug in your Fire TV.
- Once the Home screen appears, press and hold the Home button for 40 seconds.
- Wait 60 seconds for setup to complete.
Do Firestick remotes go bad?
The remote control for the Amazon Fire Stick is convenient and simple to use. The remote, on the other hand, can malfunction at any time. After several weeks or months of use, the problems may begin to manifest themselves.
It’s also possible that your Fire Stick remote will stop working as soon as you take it out of the box. The best course of action in this situation is to return the remote to Amazon immediately and request a replacement. While your replacement remote is being delivered, you can continue to use the Amazon Fire Stick by downloading their TV remote app for Android devices and iPhones. This will allow you to continue watching your favourite shows while your replacement remote is being delivered.